Electric/Acoustic Bassist and Composer
Mario (pictured above at Carnegie Hall) grew up in Chicago, IL. He began studying music at age nine with his maternal grandfather, who was a professional violinist in Europe. Mario studied Solfeggio and music theory and began playing drums. By age twelve, Mario switched to Guitar for three months, and then began playing electric bass in local neighborhood bands. He played bass all throughout high school, playing in various rock, jazz, and fusion bands. By age 18, he began playing upright bass, and taking classical lessons with Warren Benfield who was the principal bassist for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at the time.
Mario later enrolled in the Jazz and Commercial music program at the ”American Conservatory of Music,” playing in the school’s Big Band as well as the Jack Mouse Quintet. This led to many performing opportunities to excel and play for more serious music situations. At the age of twenty-one, Mario moved to Los Angeles, California where he played in various bands, performing in a variety of gigs.
In 1994, Mario relocated to Nashville, TN where he still resides, playing bass for various artists and sessions and also is a solo artist. Some of the people he has toured and/or recorded with are:
- Crystal Lewis
- Margaret Becker
- Steve Green
- Twila Paris
- Michael Card
- Michael O’Brien
- Wayne Watson
- The Bo Thorpe/Rory Partin Big Band
- Famed producer: Michael O’Martian
- Famed drummer: Chester Thompson (Genesis, Phil Collins, Weather Report)
- The Annie Moses band
- And many more…
Concerts with Cloud 9 Orchestra
08.18.2012…”High Five for Mike” Benefit Concert (Birmingham, AL)
- Jingles: Chevy, Dodge, Avia, Tony Romas Pizza, Burrlington Coat Factory
- Special Performances at Carnegie Hall with The Annie Moses Band
- Awarded a Gold Record for his work with CCM Artists Avalon’s album, ”In A Different Light”
- Endorsements: Carvin Basses, Amps , and Speaker Cabinets.