Tom Rule has been bouncing around the Middle Georgia area for longer than he cares to remember. He studied piano with Earl Miller at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga [where he won the Collegiate Division MTNA statewide piano competition] and with John Williams and Raymond Dudley at the University of South Carolina. He was able to also squeeze in some as jazz piano study with the fabulous John Emche at USC. After earning his Masters in Piano Performance from USC, Tom landed in Macon with his wife and family in 1990 as head of the music department at Macon State College.Since 2003 he has been a freelance educator, musician, multi-keyboardist, studio musician (with credits on well over a dozen albums), writer, arranger, sound designer, computer guru, and basic proof that God has a sense of humor. Among his several jobs at the moment are:
- Accompanist for the Macon State Chamber Singers
- Keyboardist and sound designer for the Northway Church praise band
- Piano instructor at Macon State college and at Young America Music School
- Computer tech & on-call keyboardist/arranger for Shadowsound studios
- Computer Geek known as the MaconMacGuy
- And miscellaneous other projects.
He does, however, really love Pam, his wife of “pritnear” 30 years…and yes, Tom is often tired, but never bored.
He is currently working with Joey Stuckey on an original jazz album to be called MIXTURE – due out in early 2012 on the Senate Records label.
Concerts with Cloud 9 Orchestra11.19.2011…Winshape Marriage Retreat (Rome, GA)
08.18.2012…”High Five for Mike” Benefit Concert (Birmingham, AL)
06.30.2013…”Let Freedom Swing” featuring Cloud 9 Orchestra (Birmingham, AL)